Sunday, June 26, 2011

Vogue 1250 Dress....well sorta...

I love this dress!
Of course I had to put my own little twist to it.
Let's start with the pictures, I took them at night and I hate the shadowing effect, if anyone has any ideas on how to avoid this I'm all ears.
Vogue v1250


Yeah, when I make this again I have to shorten the bodice to bring that seam up at least 1.5-2 inches.

Sorry for the blurriness, I was moving aroung too much.


Changes I made:
-Length, I'm in love with maxi dresses right now and it was an easy change.
-The dress is fully lined in a thinner rayon knit, I have lumps and bumps that don't do well without lining.
-The only pattern left at the store went up to size 14 but I took it and added 2" then ended up having to taper the waist in about 1.5"

Besides this it was a very easy dress and I am planning to make a couple more.

4 comments:

  1. OOOooOOOOOHHHH!!! I like your version too!! Where is your print from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I got the fabric from Fabricland (Canada).
    It's a rayon/spandex blend and it was only $3 a meter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your fabric is too fabulous.

    ReplyDelete