Sunday, August 21, 2011

Horizontal Stripes - Faux Pas?

...I think not.

Hi all,

I've been away from blogging for a while now, I have to learn to be a little more consistent.
I have however been keeping myself quite busy sewing throughout the summer.

I went shopping the other day and saw a simple tank dress but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I have to work on my giant stash and don't need any RTW items that I know I can make myself. So I went home drafted the pattern and recreated it. The fabric is a polyester knit I got from Fabricland for $2/m.

The peek-a-boo black is the lining which I should have understitched.



Trying to show my beaded sandals...I love them.

I love how the vertical stripe insert gives the illusion of an hourglass.

I've decided I don't care what the experts say...I am a big girl and I like horizontal stripes.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love your dress! WAIT and did you say you DIY'd that thing?!? YOU'RE GIFTED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blog! i just got back to sewing recently, now i'm following your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete